[Ip-health] Washington Post co-sponsors NCD event with Eli Lilly

Ellen Shaffer ershaffer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 15:03:31 PDT 2011

Sometimes one is most honored by the ravings (to say nothing of the
identity) of one's opponents.

Of course anyone familiar with Jamie and KEI knows the extent to which their
work is thoughtful and addresses the complexities as well as the central
problems of pharmaceutical regimes.

Perhaps you can take credit for forcing speakers to acknowledge the obvious
truth that the patent system is only one linchpin in a system that is rigged
to chase profit at the expense of benefit. How refreshing to read that
under-resourced health care systems are also part of the problem; if you can
take responsibility for forcing that item onto the agenda also, it will have
been a good day's work. - Ellen Shaffer

Ellen R. Shaffer, PhD MPH
Co-Director, Center for Policy Analysis
San Francisco Presidio