[Ip-health] Trastuzumab survey

Thirukumaran Balasubramaniam thiru at keionline.org
Sat Oct 27 01:12:20 PDT 2012

Subject: Trastuzumab (Herceptin) - International survery of prices

Dear members of ip-health

We are collecting prices for trastuzumab, used in the treatment of HER2+ breast cancer. Trastuzumab, brand name Herceptin, is marketed internationally by Roche.

We would be grateful for your help in collecting data points for this survey which is of interest to people working to expand access to the drug. The results will also be published on the website of Knowledge Ecology International on the following page:  http://keionline.org/prices

If you would like to respond to the survey, please include the following information:

*Trastuzumab survey*

1. Brand name (please mention if the drug is being sold as Herceptin or a different brand name. For example, in India it is marketed as "Herclone" by Emcure Pharmaceuticals)
2. Name of the supplier (Trastuzumab may be marketed directly by Roche or another supplier that is a subsidiary or which has entered into an agreement with Roche)
3. Specification (e.g., 440 mg vial)
4. Price per unit specified and the relevant currency
5. Price detail:
	> is it the retail, wholesale or ex-factory price
	> for retail prices - what are the price components (margins, VAT, etc.)
6. Source:

	> country
	> public or private sector price
	> name of source - health facility, pharmacy, website etc.

7. Date on which price was collected

Please feel free to include multiple responses for prices observed through different sources and also any information regarding availability of trastuzumab in your country/setting.

Please contact me on the following email address: thiru [at] keionline.org

Regards,

Thiru

--

Thiru Balasubramaniam