[Ip-health] Patent Landscape Report for Pegylated Interferon Alfa 2A and 2B

George Carter fiar at verizon.net
Thu Feb 21 05:48:24 PST 2013

PEG-interferon must be injected once or twice a week (in places that often have restricted access and supply problems with syringes). It must be taken with ribavirin. Both are very toxic and debilitating. Together, they are marginally effective for genotype 1 and 4 and must be taken for 48 weeks.

Instead, I recommend that companies or government agencies in Brazil, India or Thailand seek to manufacture sofosbuvir and daclatasvir and undertake local clinical trials in diverse populations to assess the effects of these two drugs which have shown 100% SVR12 cure rates among genotype 1 and nearly as good in other genotypes (at least as good or better than IFN-ribavirin), in half the time (24 weeks--and possibly 12) and with virtually no side effects.

Hepatitis C is a public health menace. Gilead and BMS are holding our lives hostage to their outrageous and genocidal greed. How many more of us have to die? Intellectual property=DEATH.

You may also be interested in signing a petition that seeks simply to have these two drugs further studied by these two companies. See http://1.usa.gov/WV393T     which is a petition to the White House that we must have 100,000 signatures in a very short time.

These companies have put my life and the lives of millions of others in grave danger.
George M. Carter