[Ip-health] Public Citizen's Global Access to Medicines Program is looking for a new social media intern for Spring 2013
srosenberg at citizen.org
Thu Jan 10 09:24:29 PST 2013
Spring 2013 Internship - Global Access to Medicines Program
Public Citizen's Global Access to Medicines Program is looking for a well-organized Intern for Spring 2013 that will work closely with the Program Director on a number of coalition building, policy analysis, and research projects to improve public policy and expand global access to medicines. Experience with graphic design and social media tools highly desirable. Immediate availability preferred.
* Trans Pacific Free Trade Agreement.
* Compulsory Licensing.
* Domestic Policy - National Institutes of Health.
* Medicines Quality and Anti-Counterfeit Policy.
* Research policy, legislative and regulatory issues.
* Draft materials for dissemination to coalition partners.
* Make recommendations and collaborate on team projects.
* Coordinate coalition conference calls, meetings, day(s) of action.
* Participate in conferences, meetings.
* Manage project timelines.
* Post information on Access to Medicines Website and Twitter.
* Support the Program Director as needed.
* Demonstrated interest in public interest, public health, global health, or public policy preferred.
* Experience with social media tools and graphic design.
* Excellent research and writing skills.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-centric environment with changing priorities.
* Detail oriented.
* Proficiency in internet and computer skills. Advanced skills preferred.
* Fluency in Spanish and other languages helpful, but not required.
How To Apply:
Applicants must send resume and cover letter to Stephanie Rosenberg at srosenberg at citizen.org. No phone calls please. Women, people of color, and multilingual speakers are encouraged to apply.
Global Access to Medicines Program
Public Citizen | Protecting Health, Safety and Democracy
1600 20th St NW, Washington, DC 20009
Cell: 773 620-3968
More information about the Ip-health