[Ip-health] (Fwd) missing the point TAC played no role in access to AIDS medicines (Jim Kim & Paul Farmer lose it)

Ellen Shaffer ershaffer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 06:00:28 PDT 2014

Of course TAC played a role.  This is not an exegesis of the intl. AIDS
movement, but a prod by Kim and Farmer to the Obama administration and
others with the power and resources to take effective parallel action:

"To halt this epidemic, we need an emergency response that is equal to the
challenge. We need international organizations and wealthy countries that
possess the required resources and knowledge to step forward and partner
with West African governments to mount a serious, coordinated response as
laid out in the World Health Organization's Ebola response roadmap."

Read more:
http://host.madison.com/news/opinion/column/jim-yong-kim-and-paul-farmer-what-the-ebola-fight/article_601b4ade-a8d8-57e1-bd2b-604b2e2162d4.html#ixzz3DO8dFZDk

Thanks for calling attention to this article.