[Ip-health] Bayer's April 5, 2014 response to Nina Mahmud, rejecting request for affordable Nexavar for Fathi Helmi Aboseda.

Claire Cassedy claire.cassedy at keionline.org
Tue Sep 23 07:48:01 PDT 2014

http://keionline.org/node/2089

Earlier this year, Nina Mahmud had contacted Bayer and KEI asking for help
in finding affordable copies of sorafenib, a drug for liver and kidney
cancer sold by Bayer under the trade name Nexavar, a drug that was
extending and improving the quality of his life. The price of Nexavar in
Egypt was $900 per week, and Mr. Aboseda had used his entire life savings
to buy the drug.

In an April 5, 2014 letter, Bayer rejected her plea. The text of Bayer's
response letter follows: