[Ip-health] NY Times editorial: No Justification for High Drug Prices

pierchir at club-internet.fr pierchir at club-internet.fr
Wed Dec 23 01:23:30 PST 2015

Dear all,
Social and/or personal value ?

"Walking one'sdaughter down the aisle to get married in three weeks may be
very valuable to one patient and worht the cost of expensive drugs to extend
his life" (Steve Miller from the largest PBM in US) : is'nt a perfect
definition of postmodern cynism ?

Social and/or personal value for drugs ?

Why should we refrain to apply this cynic logic to other products and
services among the healthcare system ? Then we will pay a mid-wife who
safely delivers a new born with nucal cord around 80 (life expectancy) X
150,000 euros (willingness to pay for one extra year) :  1,2 Million. Etc.
Good luck in this new world.

Best
Pierre Chirac