[Ip-health] Pricing, manufacturer and marketer of Indian generic sofosbuvir and ledipasvir.

George Carter fiar at verizon.net
Mon Jan 11 12:15:20 PST 2016

> snip...
> General question based on this data set - are NATCO & Hetero the only generic companies currently marketing sofosbuvir+ledipasvir in India at the moment?

Danny—I think you’re right re even lower prices possible in India, particularly if they source their API sofosbuvir from places other than wherever Gilead gets it.

I’d say though who cares? w/r/t sofosbuvir/ledipasvir. What works MUCH better and eliminates a need for genotyping (though of course ideally that should be done) is sofosbuvir+daclatasvir. Has a company actually started producing this? Much better approach and that for maybe $200/12 weeks, we can have a conversation about public health policy and global viral eradication, rather than playing Gilead’s and BMS’s hostage holding games and criminal acts of murder.
George M. Carter