[Ip-health] The NIH

Jamie Love james.love at keionline.org
Tue Jun 21 08:01:10 PDT 2016

I'm not sure how aware people are of the increasingly anti-taxpayer and
anti-public positions that the NIH is taking on intellectual property
property rights on publicly funded R&D.  The very short and blunt rejection
of the Xtandi petition, on the basis that the drug is for sale in United
States, and that's all the Bayh-Dole Act requires, is just one of several
appalling data points. The NIH is refusing to provide even basic
information about the licenses it offers on government funded inventions,
abusing the start-up licensing program, companies now advertise their
connections to NIH personnel for licencing as a company asset, the NIH
won't disclose any useful information about the licenses it does issue, and
it routinely ignores 35 USC 209 requirements to limit the uses and scope of
rights in exclusive licenses.

More on this in several places including:

http://keionline.org/nih-licenses
http://keionline.org/xtandi
http://keionline.org/government-funded-inventions

​Next week we will host a conference call or a webstreamed meeting to
discuss these issues in more detail.

​

http://www.keionline.org/donate.html
+41.76.413.6584, twitter.com/jamie_love