[Ip-health] Update on the UNSG's High-Level Panel on Access to Medicines

Catherine Kirk catherine.kirk at undp.org
Tue Mar 8 05:32:26 PST 2016

UPDATE ON THE UNITED NATIONS SECRETARY-GENERAL's HIGH-LEVEL PANEL ON ACCESS TO MEDICINES

CONTRIBUTIONS:

>From industry, to governments, to civil society groups, to multilateral organizations, and to academia, the United Nations Secretary General's High-Level Panel on Access to Medicines has received 175 proposals, focused on promoting innovation and increasing access to health technologies. The Panel and the Secretariat extend their thanks to all who submitted. Contributions can now be found on the website. http://www.unsgaccessmeds.org/list-of-contribution/

NEXT STEPS:

The Panel would like you to stay as involved as possible in its work! You can follow the Global Dialogue in London (10 March) and Global Dialogue in Johannesburg (17 March) via the livestream, which can be accessed on the homepage http://www.unsgaccessmeds.org/#homepage-1

You can also join in the discussion by sending questions and comments through Twitter or Facebook, which will be fed into discussions where appropriate. More detail on how to join the Global Dialogues is provided below.

Thank you to everyone who submitted contributions and we look forward to staying in touch.
Best wishes, on behalf of the Secretariat, UN Secretary-General's High-Level Panel on Access to Medicines.

HOW TO JOIN THE GLOBAL DIALOGUE - Be a Part of the Conversation
Step 1: Tune In
You will be able to participate in the Global Dialogue through joining the live stream on our website<http://www.unsgaccessmeds.org/>.
10 March: From 11:00 - 17:30 (GMT), the Global Dialogue will be streaming live from London.
17 March: From 08:30 - 14:30 (GMT+2), the Global Dialogue will be streaming live from Johannesburg.

Step 2: Add your voice
You can participate in the discussion through Twitter or Facebook.
To post comments and questions on Twitter<https://twitter.com/hashtag/UNSGAccessMeds?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw> use the hashtags #LondonDialogue and #JoburgDialogue. On our live stream page, you will be able to see the evolving Twitter conversation in real-time.
You can also post comments and questions on our Facebook page - unsgaccessmeds.
If your name and location are in your Twitter bio and Facebook post, we will identify you when we relay your question.

Step 4: Stay Involved
Check back on the website<http://www.unsgaccessmeds.org/> after the meeting for a summary of the day's events.