[Ip-health] XTANDI rejected patent decision and oppositions on Patent Opposition Database

Jamie Love james.love at keionline.org
Wed Nov 16 02:27:01 PST 2016

The 2015 Medicare data is out.  The average price per 40 mg capsule for
Xtandi was $73.94.  Since four are needed each day, that was $296 per day,
for a chronic treatment.   For non-medicare purchases, the average price is
more than $90 per day, or more than $360 per day.  Astellas is charging
about $104 per day in Japan, and $80 per day in Canada.  Biolyse offered
the drug to Medicare for $3 per capsule, or $12 per day, but that offer was
rejected.  Not sure what Trump will think about US residents paying so much
more for a drug invented on Army and NIH grants, for which the USG holds
rights in all Orange Book patents.

https://twitter.com/jamie_love/status/798618978130259968/photo/1

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 10:57 AM, Shailly Gupta <
shailly.gupta at geneva.msf.org> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> As you know, Indian patent office recently rejected Pfizer’s application
> for XTANDI (enzalutamide) used for the treatment of prostate cancer.
>
> http://health.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/pharma/
> patent-denied-price-of-prostate-cancer-drug-may-go-down/55344613 <
> http://health.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/pharma/
> patent-denied-price-of-prostate-cancer-drug-may-go-down/55344613>
>
> We have uploaded the concerned patent application, key patent oppositions
> and patent office decision on patent opposition database. You can access
> all of these documents here:
>
> https://www.patentoppositions.org/en/drugs/enzalutamide <https://www.
> patentoppositions.org/en/drugs/enzalutamide>
>
> Best
>

> Shailly
>

> Shailly Gupta
> MSF Access Campaign