[Ip-health] The Medicines Patent Pool Expands its Patent and Licensing Database, MedsPaL, to include Essential Medicines for Cancer

leena menghaney leenamenghaney at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 03:30:26 PST 2017

Dear Katie,

Thank you the information that information on patent applications and
status on essential medicines will now be available vis MedsPaL. I remember
the time when we collected patent status data for HIV medicines in MSF for
key countries when I joined the Access Campaign in 2005, sharing it with
civil society. to together challenge patent barriers to access. It is great
to see this work of the database multiplied and expanded to all essential
medicines.

Having worked on identifying patent barriers to the breast cancer drug
trastuzumab in India some years ago, really pleased to see the mabs in the
database.

Congratulations to your team - especially Pascale Boulet - who led the work
in MSF Access Campaign more than a decade ago and has now contributed to
this important project in the Medicines Patent Pool.

Regards,

Leena

Leena Menghaney
Mobile: 9811365412