[Ip-health] WHO opening for public health and IP expert
beyerp at who.int
Thu Jun 8 03:01:48 PDT 2017
WHO is currently recruiting a Technical Officer (post number 1701184) in Switzerland/Geneva to work at the intersection of public health and intellectual property.
Closing Date: Jun 27, 2017
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Implement actions of the Global Strategy related to the management and application of intellectual property in relation to public health.
- Provide capacity building on how to manage and apply intellectual property in a manner supportive for public health needs.
- Develop and manage capacity building and training programmes in collaboration with other relevant international and regional organizations and other stakeholders and develop related training material.
- Develop and implement alternative R&D models in relation to the development of new treatments for neglected, diseases, emerging pathogens with epidemic potential and antimicrobial medicines.
- Manage the trilateral cooperation with WIPO and WTO, including annual trilateral symposia and joint publications and training activities.
- Expand collaboration with other relevant international and regional entities.
More information about the Ip-health