[Ip-health] USTR 301 Report: A question

Kaplan, Warren wak at bu.edu
Thu May 3 13:48:14 PDT 2018

Dear Colleagues:
There was a recent, interesting summary of the latest USTR 301 report and we have a question.

The summary for Chile (one of the "usual suspects")  stated that "... Chile did not deliver any tangible progress on outstanding IP commitments in recent years."

I've not read the Report yet so apologies but can anyone provide some insight or does someone actually know what these "outstanding IP commitments" are?

Thanks in advance for any help in this.

Warren Kaplan, PhD, JD, MPH
WHO Collaborating Center for Pharmaceutical Policy
Boston University School of Public Health
801 Massachusetts Avenue
Boston, MA 02118
617 414 1152 (office)
617 414  1261 (fax)
http://www.bu.edu/pharm/the-program/<https://xmail.bu.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=y382uEqXKkiBWODyHIlJRpjIv744vNEIBHyQCPjKdY1xrucrCRkLgwigj09wm2F4IQ52zBl82qY.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.bu.edu%2fpharm%2fthe-program%2f>
Skype warren.kaplan

" An imbalance between rich and poor is the oldest and most fatal ailment of all republics....“
Plutarch

THINK. TEACH. DO.
FOR THE HEALTH OF ALL.