[Ip-health] MSF Briefing WHA71 Agenda item 11.5-Access and shortages

Elena VILLANUEVA-OLIVO Elena.VILLANUEVA-OLIVO at geneva.msf.org
Mon May 14 08:23:26 PDT 2018

Dear colleagues,

As part of our plans for the upcoming WHA71, please see in this link<https://www.msfaccess.org/sites/default/files/MSF_assets/Access/Docs/WHO-WHA-71_MSF-briefing-shortages-and-access-Agenda-Item-11-5.pdf> MSF Briefing on Agenda item 11.5 "Addressing the global shortage of, and access to, medicines and vaccines<https://www.msfaccess.org/sites/default/files/MSF_assets/Access/Docs/WHO-WHA-71_MSF-briefing-shortages-and-access-Agenda-Item-11-5.pdf>" in which,  based on MSF's experiences providing healthcare to vulnerable people, we urge the WHO Secretariat and Member States to prioritize action in five areas, as part of the roadmap which more likely the Secretariat will be asked to develop, to ensure patient-centred innovation and access to medicines, vaccines and diagnostics (R&D, IP, Transparency, regulatory aspects and policy coherence).

I hope you find this an useful document.

Please refer to MSF-Access Campaign website to see the rest of MSF Briefings for other WHA71 agenda items, https://www.msfaccess.org/content/msf-71st-world-health-assembly

Best,

Elena

Elena Villanueva Olivo
Medical Innovation & Access Policy Adviser A.I.
Médecins Sans Frontières- Access Campaign
elena.villanueva-olivo at geneva.msf.org<mailto:elena.villanueva-olivo at geneva.msf.org>
Tel: + 41(0) 22 849 8745
M : +34 653426798