[Ip-health] NYT: Treat Medicines Like Netflix Treats Shows

Suerie Moon suerie.moon at graduateinstitute.ch
Wed Mar 6 13:19:05 PST 2019

Excellent, in-depth look at the "netflix" model by Tina Rosenberg of the
New York Times:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/05/opinion/can-netflix-show-americans-how-to-cut-the-cost-of-drugs.html

"Hep C drugs could be just the beginning for the Netflix model. Several
experts I talked to suggested naloxone, the drug that reverses opioid
overdose, as a candidate. Others mentioned insulin and H.I.V. treatments."
Suerie Moon, MPA, PhD
Director of Research, Global Health Centre and Visiting Lecturer, Graduate
Institute of Geneva
Adjunct Lecturer, Dept. of Global Health and Population, Harvard T.H. Chan
School of Public Health
Bureau P2-712, Maison de la Paix, Chemin Eugène-Rigot 2, CP 1672, 1211
Geneva, Switzerland
Tel: +41-22-908-5845       Mobile: +41-76-823-2830           Skype ID:
sueriemoon