[Ip-health] UNDP, Unitaid, and WHO caught in Big Pharma's crosshairs

George Carter gmcfiar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 06:02:30 PST 2019

This comment would be laughable if it wasn’t so grotesque.
Fair, you say. Seriously.

Like this is “fair.”
https://www.fredhutch.org/en/news/center-news/2016/01/cancer-bankruptcy-death-study-financial-toxicity.html <https://www.fredhutch.org/en/news/center-news/2016/01/cancer-bankruptcy-death-study-financial-toxicity.html>

Like managing to ONLY treat maybe 1.5 million with Hep C—when over 70 MILLION more are denied treatment due to the first arbitrary, capricious and cruel barrier of genocidal pricing.

Defending a model that is designed to enrich top executives—and actually stymies real innovation in favor of me-too, evergreening and butchering for profit.
https://www.ineteconomics.org/uploads/papers/WP_60-Lazonick-et-al-US-Pharma-Business-Model.pdf <https://www.ineteconomics.org/uploads/papers/WP_60-Lazonick-et-al-US-Pharma-Business-Model.pdf>

The model of IP as excuse for pice gouging, price fixing, lying, distorting science and data for profit and enriching CEOs at the cost of suffernng and millions of lives is FAIR.

What a disgraceful comment.
George M. Carter