[Ip-health] Fatima Hasan for The Daily Maverick: A redeeming moment for the SA government: A case for compulsory licensing in the age of Covid-19

Paul Fehlner pfehlner at revisiontx.com
Tue Apr 7 12:32:09 PDT 2020

Exercises the intellectual property flexibilities provided by TRIPS makes sense in the context of COVID-19. However, by creating a public benefit entity to proactively seek approvals of repurposed generic drugs, it would be possible to actively control issues of price and access without relying on declarations of compulsory licenses (which in any event only apply to patent rights) or generating friction between governments. Shouldn’t we use all the tools available?

Paul Fehlner
President & CEO
reVision Therapeutics, Inc.
+1.201.966.7474