[Ip-health] Lengthening Patent Terms by 10 Years is Exactly the Wrong Response to COVID-19 | Electronic Frontier Foundation

Paul Fehlner pfehlner at revisiontx.com
Mon Apr 13 13:01:24 PDT 2020

It’s hard to imagine we need more incentives to address COVID-19. It’s also hard to imagine that any patent, no matter how long its term, limited to COVID-19 therapies will be very important if as some experts suggest the disease runs its crisis course and becomes endemic in 2-3 years. But if this incentive could be transferred to other products, or a product has uses beyond COVID-19, then it’s a boondoggle.

Paul Fehlner
President & CEO
reVision Therapeutics, Inc.
+1.201.966.7474