[Ip-health] Thursday, 9AM New York Time: COVID-19 Testing: What are the technologies, barriers, and issues?

Luis Gil Abinader luis.gil.abinader at keionline.org
Wed Apr 22 13:16:15 PDT 2020

This is a reminder that we will have an open Zoom hosted discussion
tomorrow (Thursday, April 23) on COVID-19 testing.

We have over 60 confirmed participants, including experts from the WHO,
FIND, MSF, and academics working on this issue. If you have not yet
received the Zoom call in details and would like to participate, please
email me.

Title: COVID-19 Testing: What are the technologies, barriers, and issues?

Format: The discussion will be a moderated information discussion. Experts
will be asked to share insights, and call participants will have a chance
to ask questions. The call will be recorded.

Topics:

* Testing technologies: both existing and in development, antigen,
antibody, CT scans, etc
* Public sector or charity role in funding the development and validation
of tests
* Patent and other exclusivites landscapes for the tests
* Costs and prices
* Access and policies relating to access