[Ip-health] NEW South Centre Policy Brief: The UN General Assembly Resolutions on COVID-19: Solemn Assurances for Access to Health Technologies without an Action Plan

George Carter gmcfiar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 05:14:06 PDT 2020

After seeing the horrific way UNHCR has failed LGBTQ+ refugees, who are facing daily and increasing violence, assaults, attacks with machetes—they cannot manage to persuade Kenyatta to show any humanity? The way WHO screwed up on masks…yeah. I don’t think trusting the good agency of the UN against the MUCH greater power of pharma than most nations can muster leaves me with any hope at all. UNHCR has a mandate to provide security for refugees—it has UTTERLY failed for YEARS to provide.

My hope remains in treatments for COVID-19 that prevent the need for a vent. Not ramdupizrir which doesn’t work. And not a vaccine that is very unlikely to be effective—but we won’t know for a year or more at least.

The UN, as the United States is a failed state, is a failed organization. I say this with an incredibly heavy heart as I am about to watch a number of people be murdered while UNHCR does nothing. WHO will readily capitulate. And as with drugs that DO work, like the cures available fro hep C (Gilead again), treatments for HIV—delay, confusion, corruption will rule and millions will suffer and die needlessly
George M. Carter