[Ip-health] The Nation: The Covid-19 Vaccine Should Belong to the People

Peter Maybarduk pmaybarduk at citizen.org
Thu Jun 18 07:29:51 PDT 2020

https://www.thenation.com/article/society/the-covid-19-vaccine-should-belong-to-the-people/

The Covid-19 Vaccine Should Belong to the People
The US government has the authority under existing law to break patent monopolies.

Ady Barkan (Be A Hero / Center for Popular Democracy) & Zain Rizvi (Public Citizen)

Snip:
Fortunately, we do not have to wait for Big Pharma to find benevolence. We can force executives to be like Jonas Salk. The US government has the authority, under existing law, to break patent monopolies. In exchange for a modest royalty, the government can and should allow any manufacturer to produce promising Covid-19 medicines.