[Ip-health] "Letter to Humanity" - petition from Brazil re accountability for Brazilian government response to the pandemic

Cathy Rowan rowan at bestweb.net
Thu Mar 18 13:32:12 PDT 2021

Please see this link to a manifesto and appeal from Brazilian artists, academics, faith leaders, and other members of civil society

Excerpt in English:

"Today Brazil suffers with the intentional collapse of the health system. The neglect towards
vaccination and basic prevention measures, the encouragement of agglomeration and breaking
of confinement rules, as well as the total lack of sanitary policies, create the ideal environment
for new virus mutations and put neighboring countries, as well as all humanity at risk. We
witness in horror the systematic extermination of our population, mainly the poor, quilombolas
and indigenous peoples.

The genocidal government of Bolsonaro is not only a threat to Brazil but to all humanity.
We are appealing to all brazilian national instances – STF (Federal Supreme Court), OAB (Brazilian
Attorneys Organization), National Congress, CNBB (National Conference of Brazilian Bishops),
and the United Nations. We are urging the ICC (International Criminal Court) to condemn the
genocidal policies of the Brazilian government that is threatening our civilization."

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfsGJv5UsLH_fH5r2ljNjEw3JAc_JJQsbWp2A4qiR1lW870sw/viewform <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfsGJv5UsLH_fH5r2ljNjEw3JAc_JJQsbWp2A4qiR1lW870sw/viewform>