[Ip-health] DNDi strategic plan webinar - please join us

James Arkinstall jarkinstall at dndi.org
Tue Mar 23 02:07:23 PDT 2021

The Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative is launching its new Strategic Plan 2021-2028, we would like to invite you to join us in a virtual event to reflect on the challenges and drivers of change looming ahead.

DNDi was created in response to the frustration of clinicians and the desperation of patients faced with medicines that were ineffective, unsafe, unavailable, unaffordable, or that had never been developed at all. Nearly two decades later, we have grown into a network of more than 200 partner institutions that spans the globe, united in our pursuit of science for the people, driven by collaboration, not competition, and by medical needs, not profits.

The launch of our new strategic plan is an opportunity to look ahead and ask: what will the next decade look like? How can we deliver on our commitments to people whose diseases have been historically overlooked by the traditional R&D model?

Medicines for the People: What will the next decade look like?

  *   Dr Marie-Paule Kieny,<https://dndi.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c34dff283831a286eb9818365&id=da7ea3f1cc&e=d8c877250c> Director of Research, INSERM and DNDi Board Chair
  *   Dr Bernard Pécoul,<https://dndi.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c34dff283831a286eb9818365&id=d08fc270a6&e=d8c877250c> Executive Director, DNDi
  *   Dr Bernhards Ogutu,<https://dndi.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c34dff283831a286eb9818365&id=4ec178d7fe&e=d8c877250c> Chief Research Officer, KEMRI and DNDi Board Member
  *   Dr Jeremy Farrar,<https://dndi.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c34dff283831a286eb9818365&id=6975b2bca4&e=d8c877250c> Director, Wellcome
  *   Dr Soumya Swaminathan,<https://dndi.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c34dff283831a286eb9818365&id=ae21f3d320&e=d8c877250c> Chief Scientist, WHO
  *   Moderated by Patricia Amira,<https://dndi.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c34dff283831a286eb9818365&id=e10fd06df8&e=d8c877250c> Broadcaster

On 30 March, please join us - LINK TO REGISTER - Webinar Registration - Zoom<https://zoom.us/webinar/register/7616157999849/WN_V7U6qxVXQPms9c7-5QkiOA> – Interpretation in French and Spanish.
10.30am New York – 11.30am Rio de Janeiro – 3.30pm London - 4.30pm Geneva – 5.30pm Nairobi – 8pm New Delhi

Please feel free to circulate this invite to anyone who might be interested

Thanks in advance

James

James Arkinstall | Director of Communications
Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative - DNDi
+41 79 392 9823 | jarkinstall at dndi.org<mailto:jarkinstall at dndi.org>
Best Science for the Most Neglected | www.dndi.org<http://www.dndi.org/>